[LI] please help

respected sir,
hai,
i have already installed redhat 6.1 in about 9 machines in my office and they
work well.but when i installed on a new machine with a working network card
(which was working well under windows 95) the installation process did not
detect the card in the first place and did not ask for the usual ip address
and the subnet mask.later i opened the control panel and added the card
manually ,with the ip etc..and pressed the activate button.
the message i got from the terminal was
"delaying eth0 initialization".
i later tried to give the following command
"ifconfig eth0 <ip address> netmask <netmask> up"
well i am able to ping only my loopback address i.e. 127.0.0.1.
the make of the card is "DELTA".
well please help me.
thanks
anup narayanan.