Re: [LI] Video boards

----- Original Message ----- > Helped tremendously - thanks a bunch. Yes,
the PlayTV Pro sounds like what
> I need, though I seem to have a hard time finding their dealer address in
> Bangalore!
>
> What resources (IRQ, IO, DMA) does it take up? That is a major issue here
> on my machine.
>
> Atul

It uses up 1 PCI IRQ in shared mode and a range of FFF IO ports in the 32
bit PCI range ( You should never have problems with this ever- there are
just too many free addresses here.- ECxxxx1000-1fff on my m/c)
No DMA channel is dedicated! ( Really useful for me too).
BTW it is a 878 rev 2 and Linux detects it as hauptage (old).I got the TV
Signal immediately ( and the manufacturer helpfully pointed me on the way to
the Linux site for the drivers , both in the docs as well as in their web
site. The trouble for me is that some init function does not seem to be
happening and so the picture rolls)
If you get it let me know- Their freq file for India is hopelessly
outdated - would you really like to have no trace of MTV and V? It took 2
days for me to find the missing frequencies for India and add them by hand.
I'll send it to you and pass it around ( to MTV fans!)

You know the best thing about this card? it has support for Win9x and Linux
only - NO NT!
Shanker