Re: [LI] ppp timeout

 Hi

 I assume that you are dialing to your ISP. Does your ISP support script
based authentication?

 While dialing from windows, do you enter the user
name and password in a separate window? If yes then your ISP is doing
terminal based authentication.

If you are giving your username and password in windows dialer and it gets
connected then perhaps it is PAP or CHAP authentication. In this case, try
changing the authentication type to PAP or CHAP. Now see if this works.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hope this helps.

 Bye
  Shridhar

P.S. Even my ISP takes long to connect but pppd time out around 120 second
is too much, even then. It's definitely not a timeout error.