Re: [LI] Problem with mgetty.

>->hi folks,
>->Sorry for pasting a somewhat long output. I follwed the article of PC
Quest
>->Mar 99 " Configure your Linux server for access through a modem"by Vivek
>->Kumar and Atul Chitnis and I am facing the follwing problems:
>->A) At home after doing 'init q' to force the system to reread the
>->'/etc/inittab file so that it can start mgetty with the options given
there.
>->But it locks the modem and my ppp interface - there should be some way of
>->manually stopping  mgetty to free the device for dialing out to ISP. I
want
>->to know what option to use with mgetty to disable it temporarily  - man &
>->info pages were not of much help.
>
>I use -r option, and it works.

i have created a script which will configure the dialin and setup three
scripts sdo, sdi and server, with which you can switch back and forth
between dialin and dialout server configs.

either edit the original script and make your own switching scripts or
restore the machine to the non configured way and run my script. which you
may find at http://members.xoom.com/DigitelNet/dialin-conf-1.tgz.

try the test setup and see the files it makes in the /tmp/etc and /tmp/bin.