Re: [LI] ifconfig and eth0

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Pankaj Mathur wrote:

->Hi there,
->I think I have some solution for you cos I faced the same problem myself.
->Most likely "ifconfig" is not working properly cos linux is not detedting
->your ethernet card so to make your Linux box see the card -type following at
->the lilo prompt when you are booting
->"lilo :linux ether=10,0x300,eth0" -remember no gaps in the
->"ether=10,0x300,eth0".

This procedure is recommended particularly if you could not allocate
IRQs to the network cards.  This procedure basically reserves the said
irqs for the network card.  When you have three/four cards this may
become necessary.  But in normal circumstances, it may not be needed.

Nagarjuna