Re: [LI] Configuring sendmail for a satyam connection

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 07:38:46PM +0530, Simanta Handique wrote:
> Can anybody tell me how to configure sendmail(v 8.9) to send out mails using
> a satyam dial-up connection.

install-sendmail is a good tool for sendmail configuration for dial-up
connections.
Home page:  http://members.xoom.com/xeer

> I get a message saying.....
> 553 To send mail, first check your mail with a valid POP account; this
> prevents unauthorized SPAM relaying. (#5.7.1)
> when I try to use "mail.satyam.net.in" as Smart Relay Host

But is there any advantage is using mail.satyam.net.in as Smart Relay
Host? I mean, what if sendmail on your machine directly delivered mail?
Can someone point out (dis)advantages?

TIA

--
Do you support 'free software'?  Visit http://mvm.linuxbox.com