Re: [LI] video card

> the monitor was not able to display the entire screen
> ie it must be some sort of resolution problem.
> I have traced the cause to be my video card (sis 6215
> c PCI ). i have tried to change resoution setings in
> /etc/x11/xf86.conf but this was of no use. Can
> somebody help me out with this prob :).

in the Section "Device" add the follwing entries

Chipset "sis86c205"
Videoram how_much_ever_the_card_has Eg Videoram 1024

Do not probe for VRAM during xf86config .

Also refer the list archives . you will find a lot of information there
. there is also a page related to sis cards . i do not remember the url

Press Alt+Ctrl+Numeric + to change the resolution.

Anand Biligiri S