[LI] Information regarding DMI

Dear all,

This is Sridhar from B'lore. I wanted to know some information about the
implementation of DMI on Linux.

For those of you all who don't know about DMI here is the brief def: of the
same.
*******
DMI stands for Desktop Management Interface which is a industry standard
being followed by all the leading companies and which is given by
Distribution Management Task Force (http://www.dmtf.org). It helps in
managing a desktop (ver 1.0) by giving various options to set or unset the
properties of components of the system. Typical Manageable components
include Processor, Hard disk, Printer etc.
*******

I didn't come across any DMI implementation on Linux by surfing the web. It
would be of great help if any one of you could give me inputs on the same.

Rgds.
Sridhar