Re: [LI] Query - multiple identities using Mutt

On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 07:59:31AM +0518, Manoj Victor Mathew wrote:

> my_hdr From: Your Good Name <username@hostname>
>
> This will suffice if all you need is a single e-mail ID for all your
> outgoing mail. Mutt can do more than that :-)
>
> I use send-hooks to change my e-mail id depending on the destination
> address. Thus all mail to this list gets one address, all mail to
> Linux-India-General gets another address, and so on. If an address does
> not match any of the predefined addresses, the 'From' address defaults
> to yet another email id.

This is fine if you are willing to put in the send-hooks for each
identity you have, and if you have a "default" (catch-all) for all
else.

If, however, you have a situation like "I want to reply to all
emails in my in-box, but "from" address must be whatever was in
the "to" address when this email came in", then mutt has a neat
way of doing this:

        set reverse_name

Hope this helps.  (I myself havnt tried it - but found out about
it when someone else asked the question.  Feedback appreciated)