[LI] Re: Linux India Digest V1 #491

> > > 4.    After every other thing i now found out that i am not able
> > > to print or even linux is not able to detect my
> >
> > In /etc/conf.modules - set "alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc" without the
>
> I wanted to say a few words of my experience. Though I do not want to
> take sides with magazines, There was no printing config problem in RH6.0
> that came with CHIP.
> Even after changing conf.modules file in /etc. as said from printtool,
> test printing of postscript does not occur with RH6.1 version but was ok

	Ditto. Every time I upgraded my RedHat (5.0 onwards), I had to delete
the printer from printtool and reinstall it - and it works! (This is HP
Deskjet 660c). At present, RH 6.0  (from Chip) in one of the machines
hangs while booting(at times). I would be very thankful if someone can
give me a remedy other than reinstalling stuff. RH 6.1 on the other hand
gives me trouble in Fortran - which I have already posted. Of course,
there are lot more goodies in these two than simply sit back at 5.2
distro!
Ashok