Re: [LI] SiS 6326 / Samtron 55E

> On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 07:09:50AM +0530, Arun Jayaprakash wrote:
> >
> > Isn't there any way I can install SB clone drivers for my Yamaha
> > YM724?  :(

Hi guy, I am extremely sorry, but there is no way to make u're Yamaha card
work with OSS/Free of the ALSA. It is supported by the OSS/Linux commercial
License. U could consider trying it, it expires after 30 days, and i found
no way to hack it to run further, i dunno where its storing its hash tables
to check the date... ;-) I have no idea y they are charging for it.
Normally, the OSS ppl. or Hannu to be precise, charges for his drivers, only
when there is an NDA between him and the concerned company. Yamaha has given
out the specs for the ISA SB emulation of the YM724, free on their site.
I've got them. ALSA plans to write a driver for it, when kernel 2.5 comes
out! Talk 'bout speed! ;-) I had originally planned to write the driver
myself, as i have written VBE drivers before. I just couldn't find info for
programming the PCI interface of the kernel. It changes too often, with
concurrent releases. Can anyone point me to some direction, where i can get
the PCI docs, for any 2.2 or 2.3 kernel? Please dont tell me to refer the
Kernel Source... I've already done that. I need some more... Can anyone else
help me out with this? Any good Linux Kernel Driver hackers here? I'd love
to work with u guys...

Nikhil.