Re: [LI] USB

Hi there,
I am using the 2.2.14pre18 kernel as of now and it doesn't seem to include
any
support for U.S.B.  I am also using the 2.3.35 which seems to be pretty
stable for
me as of now ( I have compiled some USB modules ), one thing is at bootup I
get
some failed dependencies. Other than that, it is smooth ( but looks a litle
bit slow)
And anyway since this 2.3.3x kernel is going on to the pre 2.4 kernel
stage,
I don't think 2.2.14 might have any USB stuff ( just a thought ) which
leaves us to
the only alternative of using the 2.3.3x kernel. ;-)
HTH
     Khader

Syed Khader Vali                  Debian 2.2.1 ( potato )
skhader@xxxxxxxxxx             Kernel 2.3.35
# 91-80-5262355                Extn:2527

Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx> on 01/04/2000 01:05:45 pm

Any idea whether the upcoming kernel 2.2.14 includes the backport of the
USB drivers from 2.3.x? We are increasingly facing issues here with
USB-only machines, but 2.3.x is not fit for production-usage yet.