Re: [LI] Installation :PCI-SVGA and PCI ethernet cards.

Dr. Sarat Kumat Patra forced the electrons to say:
> 2. I have a "Realtek RTL8029 Ethernet Adapter", 32bit. I am unable to
> get this working as well. The installation process seems to have set it
> to ne2k-pci (this is from the /etc/conf.modules listing). Any help
> regarding how to install this ethernet card as well.

Yes. That is correct. The driver for the RTL 8029 card is indeed ne2k-pci.
Here is the relevant section from my /proc/pci:

PCI devices found:
  Bus  0, device  11, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: Realtek 8029 (rev 0).
      Medium devsel.  IRQ 12.
      I/O at 0x6800 [0x6801].

And /etc/conf.modules:

alias eth0 ne2k-pci

If the card doesn't work, then the problem is probably different. Here are a
few checks you can perform:

1. See if networking is enabled. Look in /etc/sysconfig/network (assuming
RHL).

What exactly do you mean by "this card is not working"? If you cannot
telnet/ping other machines in your LAN, then you ought to check your
nameserver entry, IP address/netmask, the cabling, hub and the card itself.
What does pinging the broadcast address fetch you? I am afraid I cannot help
you without more details about the problem.

Regards,

Binand

--
#include <stdio.h>                                   | Binand Raj S.
char *p = "#include <stdio.h>%cchar *p = %c%s%c;     | This is a self-