[LI] Configuring Qmail!

Hi,
   I had done a full install of RH6.1 from the PCQ CD on my PC. Now I want
to setup a mail server (QMAIL) on My system. So First I uninstalled sendmail
thru Gnome RPM. It gave some dependency problems (for fetchmail and mutt)
which I ignored.
Now I have the source for QMAIL 1.03 from PCQ Nov cd. I untarred the source
to /usr/local/src
and changed the /var dir to /usr/local/var using the prefix option of make.
I followed all the pre-requisite instructions given in the INSTALL file.ie
setting up groups and userids.

When I did a "make setup check" I could see a couple of messages saying
"return type of main is not int" But I received no errors at the end. Is
this all right?

This was the Status till yesterday. I am just trying this to understand how
mail servers work (I am installing Qmail on my PC, which has just one non
root user account). rather I am trying this out just for kicks!

I will continue configuring Qmail on my PC, so if anyone can give me a few
tips in configuring Qmail on their PCs with no Network cards please help.
How do I set a "mani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" mail account on my pc if my machines
hostname is "mani". And can I Send/receive mails when I login as root?

In the meanwhile I will be tinkering along more with Q-mail..

MANI

Visit http://www.niit.com for eCommerce Solutions.