Re: [LI] Attention: 3d card owners

Anand Singh Bisen wrote:

Just want to get some things cleared!

> After searching the net and chat rooms for some more time i found out
> that 3d cards are not supported by XFree86 Version 3.x and the soon
> coming XFree86 Ver 4.x will be supporting it.

Not true! Matrox G200/G400 is supported by servers from XFree86 so are
other quality cards for which programming specs are available.

>(by that time my TNT2 will be obselete he he he)

I find it hard to agree! What is the logic in ur conclusion or u just
being sarcastic ??? Take for instance the G200, it has been around for
more that 16 months and is still going strong(and has become more
affordable).

> then i tried to get into the CVS of XFree86 and found out
> that Hardware GLX can be loaded with the current ver of XFree86 3.x
> which will boos the performance of X rendering by 100%.

AFAIK, GL is a multiplatform graphics API! Unless the application itself
supports OpenGL, u will not get any performance benefits. Arun ???

> Here i was not writing the complete HOW-TO so if anybody need some help
> contact me personally. I'll surely help you installing your GLX...

GLX or is it OpenGL ???

-- Shanu