Re: [LI] Putting linux utilities and K themes on my site - legal ?

Hi,

Thanks Raju, Aditya, Suresh for the help.

> It depends on the copyrights of the individual files that you have.
> There's no generic answer.  I'd suggest that you re-look for these on
> the 'net and check out their copyrights.

I have downloaded most of the utilities from freshmeat site and themes from KDE
home page.

I just want to keep some good stuff at one place rather than people searching
them at Freshmeat / Kde. I am not against searching at Freshmeat/kde, but just
wanted to put some utilities on my site ( theses utilities  I have tried on
my machine and liked them ).

> However, there is one hassle you have forgotten.  Most free website
> providers (like Geocities, where you host your site) are strongly against
> your using it as a download site for utilities.

> They are generally strapped for bandwidth and are quite capable of nuking
> your site if they find out that you are using it as a Linux download
> location (or any other s/w for that matter).  In fact, they have a certain
> bandwidth transfer quota and will start noticing it once your site crosses
> that quota.

Thanks Suresh for enlightening with some facts about geocities.

Regards

--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card ?Visit:http://geocities.com/rfowkar/linux.html

Web Site : http://geocities.com/rfowkar/      Email : rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
Les Brown