[LI] access internet from proxy??

my n/w has a linux m/c and some win 95 boxes. one of the win m/c is
connected to the internet, and has proxy server installed- it works fine
on other win 95 m/c but i cant access it from my linux box.
i tried (just going by gut feeling) giving the vsnl dns address in "other
routes to n/w" and gave the gateway the ip address of the win proxy m/c.
but things donot work. kindly help me out!