Re: [LI] Mail lock file

>From: "VaibhaV Sharma" <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [LI] Mail lock file
>what were fetching your mails from the server when u got disc?
>Fetchmail??

Netscape actually. 4.7

>From: "Aditya Deshpande" <adityad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>| I'm not able to download my mail from my account now.
>| I've tried searching for a lockfile but can't find any.
>| I've also tried restarting inetd(to restart popd) & finally even
>| rebooting the server.
>| I logged in using shell and ran `mail` there. I've managed to save my
>normal problem with vsnl wait for some time and reconnect rather reread

I haven't been able to read my mail of my usual account for almost a
month now. I read it by forwarding to another account. BTW, this sin't a
VSNL thing. I couldn't have rebooted the server or restarted popd if it
had been so. ;->

Netscape keeps complaining saying the spool file is already being read.
The server has even gone for a reboot and I can't find a lockfile
either. Any idea what I could do to remove this problem?