[LI] freshmeat associate

> | You seem so involved with Linux that it looks like you have forgotten to
> | read plain simple English.... Rob *specifically* mentioned in the email to
> | send your responses to his slashdot.org address ;-)
> |
> | Think about it... your reply is unlikely to ever reach Rob, since I doubt
> | that he is a member of Linux-India... (that mail was more likely to have
> | been sent to the list after Thaths "OK"ed it....)e posting your question
> > to avoid repetition and save bandwidth.

Actually, I *am* on Linux-India, but I still would rather have people interested in becoming a freshmeat associate send e-mail directly to me rather than to the list. ;-)

One note: an e-mail full of misspellings and grammatical mistakes that asks "How much does this pay?" will not get a reply. Indeed, if you can't write coherently I'd suggest you not
bother applying for this at all. You may be a great programmer, but freshmeat describes programs instead of producing them, so we need English skills and general familiarity with
Linux, not programming skills. This is not a knock on Indians or anyone else who may not necessarily have grown up with English as his or her first language; most American and British
programmers also have trouble writing well in English, while Patrick "scoop" Lenz, freshmeat's founder, is German, but writes quite well in English (and PHP).

Everyone who is being considered for this job will be contacted within the first week of the new year either by myself or by Jeff Covey. Jeff is in charge of the freshmeat appindex
and works directly for scoop. All the maintainers are under his direct supervision.

Cheer,

- Robin "roblimo" Miller