Re: [LI] PCQ giving Sources instead of RPMs

Hi Shahrukh,

I don't know much about C. I know only some of the basics.
As far as compiling is concerned, sometimes it can be a breeze and
sometimes it can be a headache.

With every source distribution there is a README.TXT and INSTALL.TXT
file. You should go through these files before starting compiling.

The general procedure for compiling is :

tar -xvf <source file name>
cd to the directory created by tar where source files will be located.
./configure
make
make install.

This will copy all the necessary file in the respective directories. I usually
do

make install > [somefilename here]

so that in future if I want to delete the package that is installed than I have
to just remove the files and directories from the above mentioned file,
otherwise you will not come to know where the files are copied by the make
install command.

Hope this helps

Happy compiling.

Rajesh

--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card ?Visit:http://geocities.com/rfowkar/linux.html

Web Site : http://geocities.com/rfowkar/      Email : rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
Les Brown