Re: [LI] PCQ giving Sources instead of RPMs

Hi,

I agree with Suresh. Are you in favour of sources only because you are
using Debian? What about the newbies and people who know nothing about
compiling and stuff like that. For them RPM distribution is the best way. I
doubt, how many people are actually using the software (named as Office suite
by PCQ). Since they are distributed as sources, most of the newbies who have
installed linux to try out will get discouraged when they see these sources.

Asking them to compile them and install on their own is asking for too much
from them ? ( I am talking about those people who are completely new to linux).
If there is a way to distribute the entire package(RPM) then  why not ?

Regards

Rajesh

--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card ?Visit:http://geocities.com/rfowkar/linux.html

Web Site : http://geocities.com/rfowkar/      Email : rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my
life there."     -Charles F. Kettering