[LI] HP 670c Deskjet - Not printing at all

Hi folks

I have a Deskjet 670c printer - and it absolutely refuses to print under
linux.  I have already aliased parport_lowlevel to parport_pc (I ~do~ RTFM
sometimes <g>) but no damned use.  All that's done is that /dev/lp0 is
detected by printtool.

I then tried to print an rtf file from AbiWord, and it printed only the
file's headers (created by abiword, title: /home/suresh/file.rtf etc etc)
and then kept printing an endless series of blank pages.

I had to stop this by shutting off my printer and restarting lpd to flush
the print queue.

Someone said that Atul has some drivers for this printer.  Atul, could you
please post a link to download the reqd. drivers from, or better still,
post it on a less crowded ftp server (like yours or sunsite.iisc.ernet.in)
so that we can all download it faster?

Speaking of ftp, do you ppl know any util (shell based, failing that X)
that will search for multiple ftp locations and switch download betn. each
ftp server to optimize connection time (something like GoZilla on winduh)?

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian       | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx [KCircle]
Ph. +(91-40)3736553, 3745398 | eFax. +(1-603)590-5437