Re: [LI] startx & error message

Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for the help.

In fact there is no directory called /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/ on my machine.
and there is no /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/xkbcomp file.

However in /etc/X11/XF86Config I found an option to disable xkeyboard extension.
After doing this the following error went away :
------------------------------------------ <snip>
sh:/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/xkbcomp no such file or directory.
 Couldn't load xkb keymap falling back to pre-xkb keymap.
------------------------------------------ <snip>

But the error regarding Security Policy is still there. I could not find any
option in XF86Config file regarding this .
------------------------------------------ <snip>
error opening security policy file
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
------------------------------------------ <snip>

What is this file(SecurityPolicy) for ? Is it really needed ? If not how can I
get rid of this error message ? Why my backspace key instead of deleting the
character before the cursor is doing reverse(ie. deleting a character after
the position of the cursor). How can I rectify this behaviour in X.

Thanks in advance.

Rajesh

--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card ?Visit:http://geocities.com/rfowkar/linux.html

Web Site : http://geocities.com/rfowkar/      Email : rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my
life there."     -Charles F. Kettering