Re: [LI] Duplicate packets

On Sun, 26 Dec 1999, Ramachandran Prakash wrote:

> hi freinds,
> 	I have a problem with my network. when i ping some machine on my
> intranet i get some duplicate packets. This occurs only with some new machines
> on the intranet and none others. can anyone please point out what may be wrong ?

I used to see this problem once. Every packet was duplicated. Couldn't
figure out why nor get clues from anyone I consulted. Back then, I think
(I'm nor sure about this) we accessed the outside thro' a software
router and X.25 from the router to ERNet. The problem was not seen once
a Cisco router was installed (although I think I saw it once to only one
host). I'm not at all sure that I'm not way off.  But I'd like to know.

-- prakash
N. A. Prakash, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore