Re: [LI] Modem

| I checked out in the website www.linmodems.org it si
| compatable modem and i think it is a PNP modem
| can you please help me
| thank U
| Ashok

Yours is not a winmodem. Do I hear a sigh of relief.
Anyway there are three ways to see if this modem is
autodetected by the system.

1.) see if the /dev/modem contains a symlink to
      /dev/ttys0 or /dev/cua1 in any case RH 6.1
     has to symlink it to /dev/ttys0 so you may need
     to change the symlink to that.

2.) use Kudzu, a nifty utility comes with RH 6.1
     and see if it detects your modem

3.) use wvdial again there on PCQ CD I think

    and do #wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

regards
Aditya