Re: [LI] squid and standalone machine

Rajesh Fowkar wrote:

> Is it advisable to setup squid on a standalone machine ? Is there any other
> caching server which I can use ?

Hi,
	Try out wwwoffle available from
http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/wwwoffle/

	I have been using it for over 8 months now and my cache is over 250MB
(compressed).

 The wwwoffled program is a simple proxy server with special features
 for use with dial-up internet links.  This means that it is possible
 to browse web pages and read them without having to remain connected.
 .
 While Online
    - Caching of pages that are viewed for review later.
    - Conditional fetching to only get pages that have changed.
 .
 While Offline
    - The ability to follow links and mark other pages for download.
    - Browser or command line interface to select pages for downloading.
    - Optional info on bottom of pages showing cached date and allowing
refresh.
    - Works with password protected pages and pages containing forms.
    - Cached pages can be searched with the ht://dig search engine.