[LI] A newbie question

Hello,

I am new to Linux and I want to use Linux atm. I want to use LANE. It is
clear how to configure LECS, LES. Once LEC(zeppelin) is started, giving
the LECS atm address, how user processes communicate with it to send IP
traffic on atm?
1. My doubt is how does zeppelin come to know which data has
to be sent on atm and how does it get triggered?

2. A user process opens an atm socket, and wants to send data, where does
zeppelin come in picture?

with regards,
Anil