[LI] Weird problem with X (I think due to xauth)

Hi - I have redhat 6.1 PCQ with the infamous sis6215c card :-)  I can
configure X using the no_accel, no_bitblt etc flags.  However, X
forcibly
kills itself and does not die gracefully.  It says something about not
being able to remove a temp file.

Then - every few days - the X crashes and I have to go back to
XConfigurator.  It looks like something to do with xauth and xdm (but I
need some help re this).  Also - following this - my termcap goes ape.
have to force it back to VT100 (TERM=vt100 and export TERM)

Help please !!!

SetKbdSettings - type: 2 rate: 5 delay: 500 snumlk: 0
SetKbdSettings - Succeeded
xscreensaver-command: no screensaver is running on display :0.0
xscreensaver disabling server builtin screensaver.
xscreensaver: you can re-enable it with "xset s on".
rm: cannot remove `/home/suresh/.gnome//gmc-vAgApt': No such file or
directory
rm: cannot remove `/home/suresh/.gnome//gmc-FyorFd': No such file or
directory

waiting for X server to shut down

-----

I removed the no_bitblt flag in the devices section and I got

This socket already exists indicating esd is already running.
Exiting...
xscreensaver-command: no screensaver is running on display :0.0
SetKbdSettings - type: 2 rate: 5 delay: 500 snumlk: 0
SetKbdSettings - Succeeded
AUDIT: Fri Dec 24 08:15:41 1999: 686 X: client 8 rejected from local
host
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
xscreensaver: Can't open display: :0
xscreensaver: initial effective uid/gid was root/root (0/0)
xscreensaver: running as nobody/nobody (99/99)

xscreensaver: Errors at startup are usually authorization problems.
              Did you read the manual?  Specifically, the parts
              that talk about XAUTH, XDM, and root logins?

              http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/man.html

rm: cannot remove `/root/.gnome//gmc-ZqFAm5': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/root/.gnome//gmc-m3ikWa': No such file or directory
kill 724: No such process

waiting for X server to shut down

-s

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx | KCircle
Phone : +(91-40)3736553, 3745398 | eFax : +(1-603)590-5437