[LI] compile error for GO(wordprocessor) and GNUMERIC(spreadsheet)

Hi friends,

I tried compiling go (the wordprocessor) and gnumeric(spreadsheet) from PCQ
Dec. CD. But ./configure gives the following error :

[rajesh@rajesh] ~/tmp/go-0.1.35$ ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gnome-config... no
checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib... not found
configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated by gnome-libs install
[rajesh@rajesh] ~/tmp/go-0.1.35$

gnome-libs is installed on my PC. I even tried the following

find / -name gnomeConf.sh  -print

But the above file is not yet all present on my machine. What could be the
problem ?

Just a thought : Why does PC QUEST give sources on their CD's instead of RPM
files ? Will these sources do any good to totally newcomers ? RPM would have
been a better option. Any thoughts!

Thanks in advance.

 --
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card ?Visit:http://geocities.com/rfowkar/linux.html

Web Site : http://geocities.com/rfowkar/      Email : rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my
life there."     -Charles F. Kettering