Re: [LI] Help Trident 9750 AGP

HI there,

	I've run into similar problems with the said Trident card...
Xconfigurator detects the card, says X is configured et. al. However running
"startx" results in a blank screen & the occasional system hang.

> >I came around a P-II 300 machine with Trident 3DImage 9750 Video Card
> with 4
> >MB VRAM .When running Xconfigurator it says the ideal resoluton for
> the
> >X-windows would be 1024x768 but doesnt work at this resolution . The
> >computer hangs when I start the X server .It works only at a resolution
> of

A closer look at the text displayed during execution of "startx" revealed that
the driver is looking for a "TV out port" on the card(which mine did not have).
Looks like another of those SiS wannabe cards(cheap & not much else).

I've since given up on the card & moved on...

--Avinash