Re: [LI] Re: DVD-ROM on Linux?

On  0, Shanker Balan <shanu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Subba Rao wrote:
>
> > The only benefit, I see with this device, is entertainment. There is nothing
> > else to it. If it is entertainment only, then it is better off with Microsoft
> > platform.
>
> am ga-ga over DVD and related technology. There are lots of us
> desperately waiting for full fledged DVD support on Linux.

I am one waiting for DVD too. But looking at the DVD titles available, it seems
to carry only entertainment titles. There are no educational titles. That leaves us
with the advantage of DVD as a data carrier only, with 2 gig capacity.

Subba Rao
subb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com