[LI] Internet connectivity problem....

Hi all!!!

There is problem which is bugging me for a long time!

While installing the internet through kppp and while configuring the logic
script ... i put in a command set which looks something like this ..

 expect       Username:
 send         (My Username)
*pause        2         (if i diont give a pause it doesent go further)
 expect       Password:
 Send         (my password)
 send         ppp

I got this stuff from the linux documentation.

1.The problem is that when i see the log of the connection i see that it
takes
in the username but after that it gous into waiting for taking the password
and then the log as usual says timeout ...

2. the other thing i noticed just a while ago is that it did not say wrong
password ......but wrong login ....

whereas it had taken in the username in the log........

3. IF I DONT GIVE THE PAUSE STATEMENT IT IMMEDIALETLY GIVES ME A MESSAGE THAT
IT WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND A SUITABLE SECRET PASSWORD..... PPPD TOMEOUT

this does not arise when a pause satement for 2 secs is put but a delay of 1
sec gives an error!

Please help !!!!!!!
i have an urgency of going on to the web!

Regards
kushal
what do i do???????????????