re [LI] www.egroups.com suggestion for listmaster

>  In case this has not been discussed.  www.egroups.com enables
> the creation Anyway thought this site may interest people on this
> list. for other uses as well.  I believe it is a free web based
> service.

Old hat :-)  There are lots of local LUGs already on egroups -
including the ILUG-Hyderabad - <ilughyd@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Also several quiz lists - such as Quiznet <quiznet@xxxxxxxxxxx> -
I've seen lots of quiznet members around in LI too (Hi Binand!!)

Back to the topic - the egroups web interface is a hassle, plus they
put ads on each post (unless you pay them a small fee every month)

FWIW, they run a proprietory variant of listserv on a freeBSD box,
and acc. to one of my friends, they are in the process of rewriting
their listserver from scratch.

Suresh Ramasubramanian | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx
106D, Aditya Enclave, Ameerpet, Hyderabad 500038, India
Phone: +(91-40)3736553/3745398 | eFax: +(1-603)590-5437
http://www.kcircle.com | http://www2.angen.net/~pegasus
Headline for the day:
   Ghana is to change over to driving on the right.
   The change will be made gradually.