Re: [LI] Web Server problem solved

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> > the /etc/HOSTNAME should better contain FQDN
> > which means rajesh.rajesh.com is better content
> >
> why rajesh.rajesh.com is better. Currently I have only rajesh.
> Can you please elaborate.

you can assign an IP to a domain like rajesh.com it is perfectly legal. The
usual practice is to assign the Web server IP to the domain such that
http://domainname will take you to the website ie one does not have to use
the www.domainname address.  you can  have a hostname on a box without
a domain name especially if you are standalone it does not matter. If you have
a network you are better of using hostname.domainname.
sathya