Re: [LI] wvdial error

| Hi Shridhar,
|
| >   Did the same error occur when you run wvdial as root? Try turning off
| > the modem and turning it on again.
|
| Yes. Same error for root login too.
|

| > > When I start wvdial I get the following error :
| > >
| > > [rajesh@rajesh] ~$ wvdial
| > > --> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.40
| > > --> Cannot open /dev/ttyS0: Device or resource busy
|
| --

That's amazing, I was getting this problem when I logged in
as a normal user but when I logged in as a root then there
was no error.
1. Did you start wvdial as #wvdial &
   in that case it could be running in the background even though
   modem has been disconnected.
2. try doing #wvdial /etc/wvdial.conf
    and then restarting wvdial

regards