Re: [LI] RE: Intel 810 - Motherboard and (continuing) X woes...

If you have downloaded the server XFCom_i810 from
support.intel.com/graphics/... then it works neat. I
installed it yesterday.

Only problem will be you cannot cut and paste from
HTML document into XF86Config file. You should enter
the required details using any linux editor. This is
because of cr/lf problem.

If you have done cut/paste then youcan use mc ( midnight commander ) editor to edit it. Go to end of line. use arrow key to move cursor. it will show in top status line which char it is on. When it shows 0D del it.

The server works at first shot if you do this

"Ashwin." wrote:

> What "hacking" did you have to do to get X working on your m/c?

Hi Dude,
	I am starting on a step-by-step guide on getting X up on i810. Gimme 2
days. OK?

> How long before they release the next version of X for 810?

	Can't say. I dont think they have any fixed schedule for new releases.