Re: [LI] Cd-Writing doubts

Hi,

linuxfan@xxxxxxxxxxx typed:
> I had created Cd on my linux system by using the following sequence
> mount -t iso9660 -o ro,loop=/dev/loop0 cd_image /cdrom
> cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=0,6,0  -data  cd_image
> The problem is that the CD which I had created is not readable by
> other Operating system such as windows and NT.
> how to write a Cd which is readable by all the Operating systems

I assume you created the image using mkisofs. Use the -J flag for
mkisofs to create Joliet directory records - if you use -r then it
uses Rock Ridge, which is not readable by Win*. (I think the 8.3
filenames should still be visible under Windows in this case, I'm not
sure)

--
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@xxxxxxxxx> (PGP:B1E86F5B) http://listen.to/mrinal
- - - - = ( Redhat Linux 6.1 ) = - - - - = ( Kernel 2.2.12-20 ) = - - - -