Re: [LI] How to copy files and dir from one Linux machine to another

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Joseph John wrote:

> Hello
>        I have two Linux machine, I want to copy files and dir from one
> machine to another without using ftp ,
>         I am able to pine and telnet to one another , Now what should I do
> to copy the files from one machine to another without doing an ftp

	U can use nfs for this. Just put the name of the directory from
which u want to copy in /etc/exports of src computer. Run
/usr/sbin/exportfs.
On the dest. computer type
mount -t nfs m/cname:dirname mountpoint
And then u can use the directory of a remote m/c as it it was a directory
on ur machine itself. One more reason to love Unix.

Otherwise use "tar" to get an archive of the directory and transter the
single file created to dest. m/c and untar it.
dipinder.