Re: [LI] Destination Host Unreachable???

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> hi,
> when I ping to my router , I get the message :
> DESTINATION HOST UNREACHABLE.
>       Does this mean that there is no physical connection with the

could be a bunch of things: Some points to note how ever,
assuming the router is your default gw add a route entry for default gw using
route or netcfg , such that any non local net addresses go to the router
the router ip address should be on the same subnet so check your subnet mask
and your ip to ensure you are on the same subnet

If you can see the active light on your card and the corresponding port on your
router (green LED) it means physical connectivity exists but not necessarily
logical connectivity.

Hope this helps

sathya