Re: [LI] LILO and fdisk /mbr

Gandalf Mithrandir <gandalf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I was setting up a
><relatively> old P-133, 48 MB RAM machine via the PCQ 6.1 CD.

> It works out to approx 574MB. Used disk druid, removed older
>partitions, created new ones. Ok. So lef t the machine alone when
>installing. The damm thing took 1 hour 42 minutes to
>reach till the end. Does anyone have any timings on how long their P133
>(pref. 48MB) took to install in graphics mode around 574MB?

I have a P-133 with 64M RAM and it took me around 40-50 minutes.
And you'll need to mention how big your Linux Native partition is and
also about your swap partition. It seems like you're running out of
disk space, mostly.

>Ok, it reached z??-devel-libs <the last package>. It showed me 3 MB left to
>install. And got stuck there. I waited for some 10min, no change.

Either a bad media or a disk space problem, I guess. Did you try
reinstalling Linux on that box. If so, what happened?

>I rebooted and everything seemed ok. It loaded etc.

What loaded? Windows or Linux?

Maybe I can give you some useful info if you provide more details
here.

Prashant