[LI] LILO Default Boot Problem

Hi Shyam,

**************>

I've been thro' the same problem before & got a easy way around it.

Just login as root & edit the lilo.conf file as

#mcedit /etc/lilo.conf (OR by any editor of Ur choice).

But before doing this, U must keep a backup of the lilo.conf file.

Goto the line containing

default=dos ( or the label U've given to Ur Windows partition )

& just change it to

default=lin (or whatever the label U've given to Ur Linux partition).

If the line does not exist(as in my friend's case),add it before the line

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.12-20

I think there should be blank line just before the above line.Save it

& run the command

lilo -v

Notice that there should be a * on the line which has Ur default boot

partition,as in Ur case,it should be,among other lines,

Added lin

Added dos *