Re: [LI] Yamaha YMF724

Hello again ,

>I also know a lot of people who failed to get *any* help from anyone on
>this list.
>
>Reason: Wrong attitude.
>
>Atul

So, the focus is shifted to attitude. I agree, it is ' wrong attitude '. But
this is the way things are. It is a Fact that so many of my friends do
not use linux only for this reason. Being a Micro$oft hating guy & a dieHard
linux fan, i find it extremely difficult to convince them to use linux. My
friends by the way are not power users. In the sense, networking,... smtp...
dns... etc.. means a very little to them. I just can't tell them that linux
can handle all these stuff cooly. They are the end users who use pC
for Fun. ( Music, Games, Chat... etc).

>        I think this attitude is totally unjustified. Most of the people
> are not really obligated to write the free drivers.

    I really do not understand the logic. U are giving away a Full OS for
free, and then people pay for drivers.(or struggle to get one)!!  Feels like
some Micro$oft Funda $-)

>        There is nothing wrong with people asking the price for their
> labour.

      I fully agree with u.

>  If you don't like the price you can look elsewhere.

        But where. Any pointers

> Maybe you should have checked which sound card had out of the box support
>before going for this one.
>Amol Gokhale

         I bought the card long before the linux fever. So next time i will
be alert.

So.... Again please help.

With a change in attitude
Arjun Prabhu K