[LI] wvdial error

Hi friends,

When I start wvdial I get the following error :

[rajesh@rajesh] ~$ wvdial
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.40
--> Cannot open /dev/ttyS0: Device or resource busy

I ran the command wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf and it created /etc/wvdial.conf
with all the necessary entries.

Why wvdial is giving the above error. My Modem is on COM1 ie.: ttyS0 and no
other dialer software such as kppp was running when I started wvdial.

Since I have created a symbolic link to ttyS0 (/etc/modem), which I am using in
KPPP. I changed  /dev/ttyS0 to /dev/modem  in /etc/wvdial.conf but the same
error.

Contents of my /etc/wvdial.conf are as follows :
[Dialer Defaults]
Modem = /dev/modem
Baud = 38400
Init = ATX3Z
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 S11=55 +FCLASS=0
Phone = 172222
Username = rfowkar
Password
Init1 = ATZ