Re: [[LI] Can some1 help me? ;)]

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Anand Raman wrote:

> Hi
> I think doing a fdisk /mbr will also remove dos from ur mbr and u will be
> left with a unbootable system unless u have a win rescue disk to boot into
> win Correct me if i am wrong bye Anand

When is DOS means booting from a DOS floppy disk
The MBR would be restored with reference to the floppy disk therefore the
hard disk would not be rendered unusable

Well this is bad in case of Windows 9x because you should have the boot
disk of the same distribution of Windows 9x that you are running otherwise
you might see a 'Version Mismatch' error