Re: [LI] Vijay Mukhi (Re: Angry Penguin Charged)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote:

> I have an old book sitting on my shelf by Vijay Mukhi (Borland C++ for
> Win 3.1, 1993 BPB Publications). In it he mentions that Borland would
> not give him a copy of Borland C++ to write this book because they had
> not heard of him.

Something that is actually quite common knowledge but still escapes most
people: VM does not write his own books - they are ghostwritten by his
students.

I have tried, in the past, to learn C/C++ from these books. I attribute my
failure and my inability to write a single 3 line "Hello World" program to
that.

Around the same time, I stumbled onto Turbo Pascal. The manuals made
things so easy to understand that it decided my programming medium for the
rest of my life (I still program in Pascal, using fpc, of course).

Atul