[LI] route table

hi,
I am unable to understand the route table.
I am trying to set up a route to the router, so what should be the value of the destination field?
Should it point to the router or should it point to the LAN?
Also what does the Genmask signify? How to know what is the correct Genmask value ? Please help ...
R. Nanda

LYCOShop is now open. On your mark, get set, SHOP!!!
http://shop.lycos.com/