[LI] Athlon

I might be getting an Athlon-600 soon(big impprovement from my P-60). In
the last b'lore ilug meet, we could not load Debian(I think2.1)
RH6.1(kernel2.2.12 or 13 ) was working fine. Apparently, RH5.2 also gave
trouble later. So am I ok as long as I boot up a kernel >= 2.2 ? Or are
there any other issues?

One more thing. I might be getting a GeFORCE256 along with it. There
were some issues about Athlon/GeFORCE256 that nVidia/AMD were supposed
to have ironed out. The patch is available, but it is a win '.exe'. Any
idea about patches under linux?

TIA
Ciao
-sush