Re: [LI] RErrors On Red-Hat Linux 6.1

Rakesh Tiwari forced the electrons to say:
> Now i have reinstalled that server with Redhat 6.1 pcquest.
> The squid does not work it gives a "Access Denied " error message.

Check out squid.conf - look if the default policy is to deny (I have
edited my squid.conf file so much that I cannot tell you if there is
a difference between the defaults on RHL 5.* and 6.*). Look for lines
that look like

http_access deny all

and change them to allow. Then issue the command squid -k reconfigure to see
if there is a difference.

> I can not ftp or telnet from those machines.
> As if 6.1 is unable to route .
> is there any thing i have missed ifd so please help.

You might need to masquerade on the server machine (the one with the
modem).  This is because the 192.168.*.* addresses are not routable. A
simple way is to put

ipfwadm-wrapper -F -a m -S <ip.address of server>/<netmask>

in your rc.local script. Or you could read man ipchains or the firewalling
howto.

Binand

--
#include <stdio.h>                                   | Binand Raj S.
char *p = "#include <stdio.h>%cchar *p = %c%s%c;     | This is a self-