Re: [LI] No space left on device

On Sun, Dec 12, 1999 at 02:56:57AM -0700, Shailesh Mathur wrote:
> Hello there,
>   I am Shailesh,
>   I am using Linux RH5.2 on my system. I have two user login named ak and sm,
> but in both login, when I save something, it gives an error that no space left
> on device,, while when I save anything from root login , it saved without any
> error.
>   Please give me solution.

After the disk is approximately 95% full, only the root user gets to use
the remaining - ext2fs denies non-root user any more write access. This
is done so that the root user can login and fix the system.

This used to happen frequently on grandteton - the server which used to
run this list. It was an ancient P-133 with a small disk running Slackware.

>   One more question I had in my mind that is Can we mount floppy drive from
> user logins like in my case from ak and sm?

Yes. Look for the user option in the mount man page.

	-Arun