Re: [LI] Comdex and what followed

Hi,

The Comdex Maddog session and the WOW dinner at Raj's place was real
fun.

Well Maddog did come up with an interesting suggestion when I told him
that there was a growing interest in Linux from students and the
academic community in India especially after PC magazines such as PCQ
and Chip came up with Linux CD's. Maddog suggested that it may be
worthwhile to run an orientation course or such (like over a weekend ?)
for the teachers. Raj, Kishore maybe we can do something with some help
from DOE  on these lines ? Leo too agreed that its a thing we could do.

Yes another interesting thing Maddog said during his talk when asked
about who is responsible for Linux, the guywho asked the question  said
that there was atleast somebody to catch hold of with proprietary OS.
Maddog said that the fine print in the NT licence absolved "The Company"
of any responsibilities and there was willy nilly nothing that anyone
could do if something crashed. At least in case of Linux in all
probability the author of the piece of software would try and iron out
the bug.

All in all a very memorable and enjoyable evening .

regards
Krishnan
vk@xxxxxxxxxxxx